I talked about my series of Experiments before, right? In short, they are just that: experiments. Things I do in 2 or 3 hours, to try something new.
Sometimes they are entirely improvised, other times I start with an idea.
Last year I made one I didn’t like entirely, but I’ll post it anyway. It has a concept-art feel to it, which is quite ok, but overall I hate how rushed it looks.
On the other hand, that’s the point of these “experiments”: to try new approaches and methods.
Experiment 10 (done a few weeks ago) is a combination of abstract and figurative elements.
It’s entirely done in Painter, to simulate oils a bit. I wish it was made with real oils.
Maybe one day.
Anyway I enjoyed working on this one. Forcing myself to very few elements is a good way to practice color and composition. I also admit I like abstract painting more and more. This experiment perhaps opened a new direction for me, something to explore in the future.